I was going to post this on here, just as an update for people, I will try to keep up with things. Yesterday morning Erika fell off a ladder at my parent's house while trying to cut a limb off a tree. From what I've heard, she fell back across a limb and hurt her back. After an ambulance ride to Atlantic hospital, they came to the conclusion that she had a broken
tibial on her right leg and a broken heal on her left side, along with a couple of compounded vertebrae as well as some chipped vertebrae. After a CT scan, she was found to have no more injuries to her back, and was transported to Mercy in
DM.
After meeting with surgeons this morning, she found out that she is going to have to remain in the hospital for 7-10 days to let swelling of her body go down before she is having surgery on both of her legs. (Knee and foot) Today she is going to be fitted for a back brace. The Doctors have told her that she will be confined to a wheelchair for 3-4 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment