Thursday, December 4, 2008

Another flood casuality?!


Tuesday night we went to get our tree. After finding one, we strapped it to the mini and took it home. After setting up the tree, the branches fell, and then we realized just how fat our Christmas tree was! Turns out, the tree was more of a bush, with several "trunks" up the middle, that had been shaped into a tree. Oh well, it looks fine. just a little shorter and fatter than last year. . . If we wanted perfection, we'd get a fake tree. This evening, Eric and I wrapped the tree with the colored lights that Ian picked out at Target.
After finishing the lighting, I went to the basement and located the box o'Christmas ornaments. As I picked up the box, I realized that it was full of water. After hauling it upstairs, we realized that the majority of our ornaments were ruined. any glass ones, were stripped of their paint. Ornaments with any sort of absorbency, were covered in mold. We are now down to about 10 ornaments. I was happy to see that Our First Christmas ornament and Ian's First Christmas ornament made it with little damage. The cat in the hat ornaments that we got from Burger King, back when we lived in Mo Valley, are all just fine. The ornaments that were collectibles from Pier 1, are not looking too good. I rinsed them, but they got wet inside, and the paint looks a little thinner. Oh well, what can we do. . .I guess this year, we are going to need to buy some shiny balls to decorate our naked Christmas tree.

No comments: